This article will guide you through the steps of upgrading your NV10-USB/BV20/BV100 note mechanism's using the DA3 tool. The examples and guide below references the NV10-USB but is applicable to all the note readers listed above.
The visual aid provided is numbered and corresponds to the steps below:
- Power OFF the CR10 Kiosk.
- Disconnect the grey ribbon cable from the NV10-USB.
- Connect the grey ribbon cable that was removed from the note reader to the “Host Machine” port of the DA3.
- Connect the DA3 from the "Validator" port to the NV10-USB by the other ribbon cable.
- Power ON the CR10. Wait until it completely boots up.
- On the NV10-USB, press for 5 seconds the (red) reset button on the right side, and release it. The NV10-USB motor should quickly run and you can hear this happening.
- On DA3 press “Mode Select” until the blue light highlights “BNV MATCH DOWNLOAD”
- Press once the centre button (light green turns blue during programming and “data connection” led is blinking)
- The programming is OK when the centre button turns green. If the centre button turns red then the programming did not work. Power off the device and repeat the operation.