Find the cPad's IP address without access to service mode (commonly due to calibration issues)
Ensure that you power down the cPad first before starting out with this guide.
This how-to is to assist you to get your cPads IP address if it is not known to you and you cannot access the service mode due to calibration issue.
- Download and install WireShark. (Standard install, next to finish) (Link: https://www.wireshark.org/download.html)
- Connect a network cable from your computer to the cPad.
- Turn on the WireShark monitor to start the trace. (Shark Fin icon)
- Switch on the cPad.
- This will start the packet sniffing. It would look messy and loads of data, just keep forging ahead
- You will notice a source term, Villaget_**:**:**, destination would be broadcast and protocol ARP. Something like below
- Stop the sniffing, select the line and this will allow you to view a more detailed look at the IP addresses and MAC addresses. Something like the below:
- Double check the senders’ MAC address is the same as the cPad’s MAC address. Once confirmed the same, change your computer’s IP address to match the subnet. For the above case change your IP address to 172.16.108.1
- Connect to the cPad via Putty and this will allow you to recalibrate
For instructions on how to calibrate via Putty, click here.