Application Server Debug Log - https://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/HowToEnableDebugInNG
The Application Server logs provide insight into the inner workings of the brains of PaperCut. Please carefully read the instructions below, as incomplete information may cause delays.
Print Provider Debug Log - https://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/HowToEnableDebugInThePrintProvider
The Print Provider logs provide further insight into the inner workings of the brains of PaperCut. In PaperCut's architecture the Print Provider is the layer closest to the printers, it assists diagnosing monitoring related problems.. Please carefully read the instructions below, as incomplete information may cause delays.
Steps to collect logs:
- Turn on Debug Mode in PaperCut, if you haven't done this before we recommend reading the instructions linked above to enable debug logging of both the Application Server and the Print Provider Service.
- Conduct your testing to replicate the issue.
- Keep accurate testing information, importantly:
- Time / Date of issue
- The Username and/or Document name used during testing
- Workstation IP
- Any other relevant testing data
- Download the diagnostics file when you've completed.
- You may turn off debug at this time if you wish.
- Once all the required logs have been collected then please compile them
- It's important to note if you have been requested to collect logs from other services such as the print provider, mobility print then it's is best to have these logs in the same time period to allow for tracking. (The Application Server logs do not contain all information)
- Create a ZIP folder with all the information - including the testing data like times and user information in a text file. Please name your folder with your Ticket ID (example: Tkt1234_LogFiles.zip)
- Contact us via your support ticket so that we can provide you with a link to upload the zip file to (it is likely to be too big to email)
Need some help?
If you need some help collecting these logs, or conducting the testing please let us know. Detailed and accurate information is vital to help resolve issues in a timely manner, and we are here to assist if you need us! Feel free to get in touch if anything is unclear.