Before you start, you will need Win SCP and the IP address of the device you are taking the logs from.
>>>For CR10 devices running 2.5.3.mdb or above.
1. Open WinSCP
Enter the IP Address of the kiosk
(the default Port 22 is OK)
Username : root
Password : rootcpad
2. Navigate to the following folders to collect the log files
3. Copy the files to a local temp folder, zip it and send to support.
Ensure you copy the files from as close to the date of the incident as possible.
4. Close WinSCP
>>> For CR10 devices running 2.5.3 and below
- Connect to the cPad using WinSCP. The username/password by default is root/rootcpad
- Copy the date files from /usr/local/Cartadis/log
- Copy the /usr/local/kernel.log
- Copy the messages file from /var/log
- You should copy these files from as close as the time of issue as possible.
- Close WinSCP
NOTE: When reading log files, or notifying us of issues, it helps to know some or all of the following:
- User affected (ID or name)